By Dr. Leon Koziol
Parenting Rights Institute
Only by the grace of God am I still alive sending you this message. I remain in New York City where I am advocating for a federal investigation of the Oneida County Sheriff, Family Court and certain judges who engaged in an unprecedented attack upon my free speech. So horrific were their abuses of public office that my life and family were placed needlessly in danger. It is reminiscent of Deputy Kurt Wyman who was also placed needlessly in harm’s way under the administration of Sheriff Robert Maciol.
The public admission of a “leaked” APB to the media by Sheriff Maciol, his deputy who abused security duties to provide free service of process to a private litigant (Kelly Hawse-Koziol) and a Utica, New York city judge who abused judicial office to avenge a public censure by the Judicial Conduct Commission are only the tip of the iceberg. New York’s corrupt Fifth Judicial District is at the center of it all, those attorneys whose livelihoods are being threatened by my reform efforts. There are also those who made defamatory public statements that will face a civil lawsuit when my work here is done.
Recently, New York 22nd District Congresswoman, Claudia Tenney, leaked out her own memo depicting opponent, Anthony Brindisi, as some kind of mobster whose family would react with violent acts upon her staff. She claimed this would occur because his political career was coming to an end (evidently by her presumed victory in November). She gave only vague events and possibilities of retaliation, thereby proving that this was all a scam to dredge up dirt by association and ethnic heritage.
When called to task by the New York Post, Claudia back-pedaled, claiming she did not mean to refer to the younger Brindisi (law partner and Assemblyman), and not even his father who was charged at one time with seven felonies stemming from a drug ring operated from his law office. She was referring to unnamed “thugs” somehow connected to the Brindisi family. The elder Brindisi was a reputed mob lawyer. A young attorney in the same law office was found tied to a chair, gagged and dead in the basement.
Welcome to my home town where I served as city councilman and corporation counsel. Known once as “Sin City,” the abuse inflicted on me for exposing corruption here should not surprise you. When news was “leaked” to the media behind this major man-hunt against me for “child support” (a conscientious attorney never even accused of a crime), there was no concern expressed by Claudia for me as one of her constituents. She knew my ordeal when interviewing me in my home in 2010 as a secondary media representative prior to winning her first election. She knew the stand I was making for abused fathers and non-custodial mothers. But evidently it was only her own interests that were important.
I filed complaints with Sheriff Maciol, the Judicial Conduct Commission and Chief Judge Janet DiFiore in January of this year outlining the crimes committed against me and even predicting what was to come. Not a single one gave me the courtesy of a reply, leading to the logical conclusion that crimes by judges, lawyers and court staff were perfectly acceptable. Under these circumstances, and our Constitution, the citizenry is entitled to fend for itself. That is how our nation began.
Now it is all before the United States Supreme Court. Today, I received notice that my motion for stay filed during the time of Judge Gerald Popeo’s warrant was formally docketed (dated September 4, 2018). It is currently being considered by Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsburg. It has interesting parallels to the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings with the twist that men are now becoming a discriminated class in America. Indeed the first issue presented asks our high court to take up that very question. You can view the entire petition on-line on the Supreme Court website, search docket, Leon Koziol v Chief Judge Janet DiFiore, et. al. Case No. 18-278.
In closing, I want to thank those around the country who sought to give me support and assistance, most importantly those who combined to make the support payment needed to lift the Popeo warrant. We need to share this post and wage a campaign for accountability never seen before. Corruption is growing at all levels of government while the rest of us who follow the rules are abused as victims. I got no calls from my daughters. The alienation for money waged by their “custodial parent” Kelly Hawse-Koziol would make Satan herself cringe.
By Dr. Leon Koziol, Director
Parenting Rights Institute
It’s bound to happen. Some day soon, a falsely accused, financially abused or wrongfully incarcerated parent is going to unleash on some judge, law office or family member to bring overdue attention to an ever growing level of corruption in our nation’s divorce and family courts. Until the perpetrators of greed and back room deals are made to feel like the victims they create, this corruption and its suppression from public knowledge will continue unabated.
The signs of it are everywhere: a police investigator in Utica, New York committed a murder-suicide after exiting support court leaving four children without parents. In one news report, the local district attorney remarked that he had been dealing with that officer on the morning of his killing in a routine way. He even described him as unusually jovial, nothing that could offer any sign of pending disaster.
Years later, the best they could do to prevent such horrific violence is to start a fundraiser against domestic violence. Of course, that will change nothing. Indeed violence is on the rise in countless ways, most of it suppressed from public knowledge because the preventers are focused on the leaves and branches as opposed to the root of this crisis.
That root is court corruption fueled by greed, politics and lawyer-induced conflict for profit. And this corruption is rampant not only because of protected misconduct but also a giant structural flaw in the court process. We have an antiquated child custody system in the vast majority of states which causes parents to fight needlessly over their children. Shared parenting is opposed by the bar associations, drug companies and other special interests because it is not lucrative and would result in a virtual elimination of federal Title IV-D funding to the states.
And so the carnage continues in the form of violence not only among the court combatants but also among children and fatherless teens who have little or no moral fiber. They’re now shooting up our schools while outraged victims again focus on the wrong cause in the way of repealing our Second Amendment right to bear arms. We have a society degenerating to a barbaric form like we have never seen before. More than ever in modern times, we the victims must therefore protect ourselves even from our own government. That was the primary reason for this Amendment.
When Thomas Ball burned himself alive in front of a Keene County, New Hampshire courthouse, he was protesting father discrimination and CPS abuses. He even left behind a manifesto on how to incite a revolution through the use of such easy-to-make weapons as a Molotov cocktail to throw into court buildings and government offices. In the case of police investigator, Joseph Longo, it was much easier. After they confiscated his weapons, issued all the usual protection orders and finished off his career reputation, Joe simply resorted to a common kitchen knife, and it cost the City of Utica $2 million in wrongful death recovery for the children.
Seriously? What else did they think the city could have done to prevent this travesty? Or is this just the latest form of child support? You might think so after another police officer killed a parent but in a more shocking way. An unarmed African-American dad fleeing a child support warrant at a traffic stop in South Carolina was shot dead in the back five times by a white cop. It was not racist as much as it was father abuse because the murderer’s black partner who came upon the scene moments later simply cuffed the dying dad without performing any CPR. It was all captured on a by-stander i-phone in 2015. The children of that victim, Walter Scott, recovered $6 million from the City of North Charleston.
Still the carnage escalates along with corruption. Our Census Bureau continues to report that nearly 85% of all parents paying child support are men. One out of every five people on countless warrant lists are child support debtors. Nearly all are fathers. Twenty-two veterans are committing suicide each day, a vast number of which are influenced by divorce and family judges. If those were employment statistics for women, they would be rioting all over America.
So why has no politician or news organization declared the blatantly obvious War on Fathers? The result of society’s inaction and father persecution is violence on an ever hideous scale. Many would call it self-defense to an oppressive government operation. Debtor prisons? Custody “wars?” Lawyer induced perjury and false accusations? In my two decades as a trial attorney and another one as a victimized dad, I have reported bribery, overlooked misconduct and caused the removal of nearly 40 trial jurists from my originally uncontested twelve year divorce, a judicial record by most accounts. Yet not one court has made mention of this in its decisions.
Perjuring mothers suffer little or no consequences despite the clear crimes being committed while “dead beat dads” are being locked up for non-criminal money debts for six months, and as much as seven years under federal non-payment laws. These are longer than countless sentences given to violent felons. How much more can a discriminated class of parents sustain before it acts out? In the case of Investigator Longo, I described his reaction as a product of a dysfunctional, senseless and abusive child control system. When he could obtain no fair ruling from our courts, he took the so-called “law” into his own hands and issued his own ruling of sorts. It was a final one with no right of appeal.
Crucial Note: This site, Leon Koziol.com, has had a family court gag order imposed on it, later removed when the judge was sued in New York Supreme Court. It has also been monitored and exploited to harm the author and his vital message. Therefore it is important for the sake of parents, families and children everywhere that you help us share this post and donate to our cause. You can call us at our office at (315) 380-3420 or Dr. Koziol personally at (315) 796-4000.
By Dr. Leon Koziol
Parenting Rights Institute
“You’re standing there with a grin that I would love to come off the bench and slap off your face”
“Mr. Scully (prosecutor) is playing cigar store Indian at the moment.”
“You know what black people from New York City call black people from upstate New York? Country Niggers.”
According to an ethics judge, these comments were made by Judge Gerald Popeo of the City Court of Utica, New York. In 2015, he was merely censured for those remarks instead of removed from that bench by the New York Commission on Judicial Conduct. Now Fifth District Chief Judge James “Bond” Tormey has elevated him to “Acting Family Judge.” This comes after Judge #39 and Judge #40 were disqualified from my 12 year originally uncontested divorce case.
Welcome to Trial Judge #41, a judicial record by most accounts. You have to believe that Judge Jerry “Rocky” Popeo filling the latest slot was a monumental joke. After all, with the violent threats and racist remarks he was prosecuted for, the last thing you would expect a rational court system to do is appoint him as a family judge. Isn’t that the court where domestic violence is being condemned? Isn’t that where African-American fathers are discriminated most, even shot dead five times in the back while fleeing unarmed from a child support warrant (Walter Scott)? What is Judge Jerry doing here?
Imagine if this wanna-be Rocky treated an African-American father this way? (let’s just call him Apollo Creed). He compares Apollo to a “country nigger” and threatens to come off his bench to “wipe that smirk off (his) face?” When Larry Nassar, ex-physical education director of Michigan State University was facing his sentencing for sex crimes, a father of three victims lunged for him across the trial table. He was restrained by court security but never charged with contempt by the female judge because she understood his rage.
But what happens if it’s the judge provoking violence? What if the litigant in the Popeo case accepted Judge Rocky’s challenge to come off that bench and wack him? Who would court security restrain or taser? We may soon find out as I face this pompous judge next week. Talk about domestic violence, provocation and father discrimination! What was the Commission thinking when it released this judge on his own recognizance to put law enforcement in harm’s way? They have families too. And what kind of coward hides behind them in a black dress when making such threats? (it’s a robe only when the person in it acts accordingly.
I have asked the same Commission in a formal complaint to reconsider its decision in light of the misconduct which occurred by Judge Popeo in my own court cases as a civil rights attorney over the years. There is also an effort being started by a veteran U.S. Marine to make a stand against this sort of discrimination and misconduct due to the vast number of daily suicides occurring to his brothers as a result.
Get the details by clicking here and supporting us at http://www.parentingrightsinstitute.com. You can also call our office at (315) 380-3420. It’s important that you share this post and make it viral in light of the vast censorship of this site, Leon Koziol.com and court corruption across America today.
By Dr. Leon Koziol
Parenting Rights Institute
Should you decide to expose corruption in our judicial system, be wary of the immunity which it claims over your First Amendment rights. This immunity and self-regulation power has become so abused that Michigan Family Judge Wade McCree was able to commit adultery in chambers, get a litigant mother pregnant while he placed her adversary on a child support monitor and suffer no monetary liability to his victims.
Now we have another “Acting” Family Judge in upstate New York who threatened a litigant from the bench, was found by an ethics judge to have used racial slurs (“country niggers”) and sent people to jail on serial contempt rulings because they grinned or complained of injustices. Meet Judge Gerald “Neanderthal” Popeo of Utica, New York, a regular standard-bearer for anti-violence groups. Get the details by clicking here.
Because the persecution for my judicial misconduct complaints has become so extreme, I recently filed an extraordinary lawsuit against such judges in New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division. There is little expectation of proper accountability, however, because our courts are self-protecting of their revenues, fees and reputation. They would rather excuse, ignore or rationalize racial slurs and judge revenge than accept the public consequences for their actions like they require of the rest of us.
So what can we do? My lawsuit may shed some light. Here is an excerpt of my arguments before that court which may shock you, but it is a sound position based on my 23 unblemished years as a civil rights attorney and successful cases which recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars for my clients. That was before the judicial retaliation began for my whistleblowing activity. These arguments are made to oppose dismissal motions filed by New York’s Chief Judge Janet DiFiore and various inferior judge (respondents) engaged in clear misconduct:
Koziol v DiFiore, et. al.
2) This is a hybrid declaratory judgment and extraordinary relief action brought pursuant to CPLR Articles 30, 63 and 78. It is otherwise authorized by New York’s high court under a “Rule of Necessity” laid out in another hybrid action, Maron v Silver, 14 NY3d 230 (2010). If the Chief Judge and respondents are to be plainly understood by their motions, a hybrid lawsuit filed by predecessor chief judges challenging legislative dysfunction for pay raise purposes is proper, but if those whom they serve seek to do the same for purposes of protecting their children, livelihood and liberties from judicial dysfunction, they are out of line, subject to summary dismissals or even filing prohibitions of the sort demanded here.
3) New York’s judiciary clearly had no authority to direct the amounts or timeliness of pay raises absent diminution. It is a subject textually committed to other branches of government under the people’s constitution. Yet the Maron case was filed anyway, by judges no less, and it is still “the law” in this state. It can only be construed as an unconstitutional scheme to politically influence the other branches through an abuse of our courts. If private litigants endeavored to do the very same thing, they would be subjected additionally to fines, sanctions and even contempt.
4) Both motions have utterly ignored the Maron v Silver case, indeed it is not even mentioned in the joint Memorandum of Law, Table of Authorities. This is because the outcome is already anticipated. There is no neutral and detached arbiter, hence vitiating any good faith effort or purpose for preparing an opposition Memorandum. Ignoring stated precedent is not only unethical but also the tactic employed by most, if not all jurists reviewing this case to date.
5) In my recent book, Satan’s Docket, I have described this tactic as “Orchestrated Law.”It was practiced in the serial rulings which were, in fact, cited in the moving papers, further confirmation of the systemic bias carefully and convincingly laid out in the petition. Both motions have also ignored the precedent seeking nature of this case premised on escalating new facts caused by each biased ruling designed to suppress speech directed at judicial misconduct.
6) The motions continue with their deceptive agenda by totally ignoring salient facts of the petition without facts of their own interposed by any person having personal knowledge. That renders the petition presumptively true for purposes of any summary ruling. Even on technical grounds identified for dismissal, the untwisted facts cannot be silenced on such an extraordinary case. But as practiced here for at least ten years, decision makers have cherry picked only those facts and precedent (if at all) which supports a predetermined outcome and a “law” concocted contrary to our legislated ones.
7) If you don’t mention material facts or egregious misconduct clearly bearing on that outcome, it simply didn’t happen. This results in a monumental fraud upon the public by that branch of government charged with highest duty of protecting our constitutional rights and “justice for all.” If our courts are bold enough to cover up their own corruption, there is no “law.” It is all the justification needed for victims to take matters into their own hands. We can rightfully conclude that we are living in an increasingly lawless society. Proof is everywhere, from the mass murders by a fatherless teen in Florida to the terrorist threats in daily news reports.
8) A simple test which bears this out is the perjuries of judge-appointed child lawyer William Koslosky and the state’s “custodial parent,” respondent Kelly Hawse-Koziol. The record clearly shows that they both conspired to conceal the true residence of my daughters, going so far as to serve a Notice to Admit in November, 2015 attaching a purported electronic notice of child relocation with the address “gmai.com.” It constituted an impossible transmission without the “l” character demonstrable from the face of that doctored confirmation notice. The 35th assigned judge, Daniel King, bent on revenge for my testimony before the Moreland Commission on Public Corruption, simply vacated the notice without any consequence to either co-conspirator. He did so while a gag order was in place in the last decision prior to his removal.
9) The logical question which then arises is why a lawyer would engage in such clear misconduct. The answer lies in the continuing refusal of our appellate division justices to hold William Koslosky accountable. That failure in duty occurred as recently as February 26, 2018 when Judge Joanne Winslow submitted notice to me declining to sign a show cause order on this case. I am making that application, already served on the parties, a part of this cross-motion. It sought, inter alia, a referral of William Koslosky minimally for disciplinary action stemming from his July 31, 2011 and August 2, 2011 affirmations in support of appeal dismissals.
10) Those affirmations were re-filed one month later in the Third Department after this court’s transfer order. In that particular scheme, Koslosky stated under oath that I sought to reinstate my law license in a family court cross-motion dated March 3, 2011 before later disqualified Judge Pirro-Bailey. It was obviously orchestrated to discredit me as a parent, lawyer and critic insofar as every sane lawyer knows that a law license cannot be reinstated in that court.
11) As the petition and show cause application explained, lawyer Koslosky went so far as to assert factually that I was seeking to “revoke” the authority of this court to decide licensing matters. There was no proof of any of this, but the sworn affirmations remain in the records of both upstate licensing/appeals courts. The effectively ratified perjuries have not been retracted or even acknowledged by any judge to date. My answering affidavit and the ones repeatedly filed here contained the Koslosky sworn statements and entire cross-motion showing no such events.
12) This court cannot deflect by asserting timely recourse to the Fifth District Grievance Committee. Apart from its own duties under the Judicial Code, its appointed Committee has yet to even acknowledge my 2011 grievance against Koslosky and custodial counsel, perhaps due to the simultaneous disqualification and transfer of my disciplinary matters to the Third Department and the witch hunt lawyers there focused on my public criticisms.
13) These standard-bearers of lawyer ethics were allowed to quietly resign without public prosecution of any kind after an Inspector General discovered their falsified time sheets. As the petition explains with sufficient detail and examples, I was not accorded similar favor after more than eight years of license suspension, one year longer than a disbarment period.
14) The Third Department misconduct was not much different prior to transfer when Fifth District Attorney Mary Gasparini submitted a false written statement to her Committee that I had not sought an adjournment to better prepare for a first time prosecution of ten grievances in 2008. This lie, in turn, led to “discrepancy” claims elevating a first time admonition to formal charges and my first one year disciplinary suspension by the Third Department (still extant).
15) The Gasparini lie was fully proven in a March, 2009 motion for discovery and other relief during that prosecution. This court denied my motion in a cursory, confidential decision two months later without any mention of Gasparini’s misconduct. Ten grievances (six later dismissed on their face) comprised this first time prosecution after two decades of unblemished practice. It originated on January 9, 2008, the same day as arguments before Judge John Centra of this court which contained extensive proof of ethical misconduct by Keith Eisenhut, opposing divorce counsel unknown at the time to be a member of that same Fifth District Committee.
16) These grievances were stale for many years as was the one currently prosecuted by the Third Department involving events of 2008. Hence it cannot be said that timely recourse against Koslosky is somehow stale or waived. To the contrary, the intentional disregard and uneven treatment of lawyer misconduct have only left wide open the door for a series of perjuries that have destroyed all aspects of my former model existence over a half century period, including the gmai.com concoction years later. In the face of all that has been presented and accumulated to date, how can anyone conclude that a rational justice system has been made available to me? The notion that an anti-filing order should now be issued is an even greater farce inasmuch as such an order has been effectively in place since January 9, 2008.
17) But that corruption pales in comparison to the one which now confronts everyone involved. If lawyers appointed and licensed by this court can freely concoct facts and lie under oath, anything can be contrived against me as long as my reform and whistleblower activity persist. That entitles me to resort to every manner of personal protection at my disposal.
PLEASE SHARE THIS MESSAGE AND SUPPORT OUR CAUSE by donating or investing in our anti-corruption activities on this site. Call our office at (315) 380-3420 or contact me personally at (315) 796-4000.
By Dr. Leon R. Koziol
Parenting Rights Institute
Administrator’s Note: Because we received so much support for our last post entitled, Why are there so few judicial whistleblowers, we have decided to upgrade it here. This is now a highly valuable publication with solid proof behind the credibility of our professional work on behalf of countless victims of court corruption. It should be shared with fellow victims, media and potential investors. It is a crucial publication to benefit parents, families and future generations.
Why are there so few whistleblowers in the Judicial Branch of Government?
It’s a good question if you’ve ever stopped to think about it. Yet it is directed to a full one third of our government, the elusive judicial branch. A single judge can derail an entire act of Congress or a major agenda of the president. In the states, children can be permanently alienated from good parents without so much as an amber alert. Protracted litigation can cost its victims millions in lawyer fees and court costs. Yet no one seems to know who the abusers are and why they get away with this. Media rarely reports on them perhaps out of fear. Hence, corruption flourishes in our courts with little or no accountability.
That is because it is a self-regulated profession (lawyers) which controls the judicial branch and pretty much everything else that goes on in America in one way or another. Shouldn’t that then translate into a need for greater accountability? According to lawyer Stephen Kohn who wrote the manual on whistleblowers, those who expose corruption on the inside of government or corporations produce the greatest savings and benefits for the people.
In the judiciary, the most effective whistleblowers are lawyers, and among those, civil rights attorneys are most reliable when it comes to exposing corruption. Yet to date, there remains no protection for such individuals. A lawyer who exposes corruption can incur orchestrated ethics charges, in my case by exploiting an ex-secretary (finally convicted of felonies in 2016) to suspend my law licenses and harm capacities to support my children.
The public relies on judicial whistleblowers to apprehend judges such as Gerald Garson of Brooklyn or Thomas Spargo of Albany for soliciting bribes in custody and divorce cases. In Morin v Tormey, 626 F.3d 40 (a 2010 decision of a federal appeals court in Manhattan), a chief family court clerk ultimately recovered $600,000 in a judicial retaliation case due to her refusal to engage in “political espionage” directed by a chief judge and family judge. The first one, James Tormey of Syracuse, is still on the bench and the family judge, Bryan Hedges, was permanently removed three years later only because he was forced to admit to sexual abuse of his own handicapped, five year old niece.
How much of this corruption is never exposed? The answer is likely astounding for unsuspecting litigants who foolishly pay exorbitant fees for lawyers in cases which are already a “done deal.” And the reason there are so few judicial whistleblowers to expose this is the severe retaliation which can be expected. In my case, it was the loss of my children, law firm and basic liberties within months of my whistleblower testimony before the Moreland Commission on Public Corruption at Pace University in 2013.
The agenda for suppressing whistleblowers or any reform message that harms lawyer profits is to destroy their credibility, make them appear “crazy,” take away their means of sustenance and even incarcerate them, if necessary, on some made-up or minor allegation. Against me, that agenda took a long time, twelve years and counting, but I’m still standing. A look at my true accomplishments will show why my website, Leon Koziol.com is so highly monitored by ethics lawyers, judges, law enforcement and politicians.
They can take away pretty much anything but not my long term accomplishments. For victims of corruption, such a proven background should verify the credibility of my reform work. For example, I secured judgments in both federal and state courts to invalidate a billion dollar casino compact, the largest in the state, on constitutional grounds. I defeated giant law firms as a sole practitioner including one of the most prominent in the nation, Cravath, Swaine & Moore of Manhattan. Look it up at Oneida Indian Nation v Oneida County, 132 F.Supp. 2d 71 (NDNY 2000) and Peterman v Pataki, 2004 NY Slip Op 51092(U).
In the Oneida federal case, so concerned were they regarding a little guy from a small city that the opinion had me as co-counsel for a much larger Syracuse law firm, Bond, Schoeneck & King, even though that firm had nothing to do with the victorious client. Its president had no idea who John Dee was or why his firm was listed because it had never represented the citizen group or had any contact with it. But there it was, black and white, and you cannot retroactively amend all those case books worldwide to correct it.
I won my first appeal out of law school DeNigro v DeNigro, 543 NYS2d 777 (4th Dept 1989), an interstate divorce case, and secured a restraining order within months of passing the New York bar exam on a $30 million high school project. It caused the new Rome Free Academy upstate to be built at a better location in the Griffiss Technology Park. I won that opening decision alone against the highly influential law firm Hancock & Estabrook.
I won my first federal court trial, a sexual harassment case, in Currie v Kowalewski, 842 F. Supp. 57 (NDNY 1994). That case was front page news because the first decision was lost in Currie I (810 F. Supp. 31 (1993), but I had it reversed by unanimous decision of a federal appeals court in Manhattan to secure the final victory. The lower judge there was forced to reverse himself on the same trial record, a highly unusual feat which angered him, the same federal judge who dismissed my civil rights case in Parent v New York, 786 F. Supp. 2d 516 (NDNY 2011) after the targeting of my public criticisms of the judiciary began.
Although I could get a million dollar project restrained and billion dollar casino invalidated in federal and state courts, I could not get a family judge to order phone contact with my daughters after that. Prior to the targeting in cases involving many of the same judges, I secured a $333,000 jury verdict which was argued before a Supreme Court Justice (Sonia Sotomayor) when she was a member of the same federal appeals court in Manhattan, Patterson v City of Utica, 370 F. 3d 322 (2nd Cir. 2004)(settled at $220,000).
As former corporation counsel for that city, I sued its mayor to remove gag orders on city employees yielding another favorable jury verdict in Koziol v Hanna, 107 F. Supp. 2d 170 (NDNY 2000). I earned a perfect record of acquittals primarily for those falsely accused by employers. While I could go on, I served the people, my profession and my family without blemish and with distinction for nearly a quarter century. Suddenly when I began exposing corruption and promoting parental equality, nothing I could do was right. I have now been suspended from practice for eight years, one longer than the period for felony disbarments.
In stark contrast, lawyers in my judicial district were allowed to continue practicing law despite criminal convictions or serious ethical misconduct. Attorney Robert Sossen was convicted of tax evasion on some $2 million in unreported client income. A law partnership, Petrone and Petrone, mismanaged hundreds of thousands of dollars in client money. And if you can believe this, the lawyers engaged in the witch hunt against me were allowed to resign quietly after an inspector general discovered their falsified time sheets (Torncello, Zayas and Devane). These are the standard-bearers of lawyer ethics I previously reported as an “unethical ethics committee” charged with a duty of preventing overbilling practices.
It’s the foxes watching the chicken coup. That is what I concluded before the Moreland Commission after disclosing that my family judge upstate (Daniel King of Lewis County), used fabricated college degrees to elevate child support for punitive incarceration purposes. The New York Commission on Judicial Conduct failed to act on my complaints as it did to some 90% statewide. This prompted me to recommend closure of the judicial commission due to its window-dressing nature which only encouraged more corruption. Instead it was the Moreland Commission that was shut down after its work implicated top state leaders.
If you still do not believe that judicial whistleblowers are sadistically targeted by those with the highest duty of assuring justice, consider this: The first speakers before the Moreland Commission were lawyers who took aim at corruption in the first two branches of state government. I was one of the few focused on the third branch. Preet Bharara went on to fame as a top federal prosecutor and Loretta Lynch was elevated to United States Attorney General. I went the opposite direction, hounded to a degree of seeking human rights safety in Paris. It reads like a John Grisham novel and featured in my new book, Satan’s Docket: Corruption and Carnage in America’s Divorce Industry.
So when you view our court corruption site and public positions wondering how the before and after pictures can make sense, just read the cited cases here. Then you will know why there are so few judicial whistleblowers, why you have become so victimized. You will also recognize the value in the services we offer at www.parentingrightsinstitute.com.
Please share this crucial public message and support our cause financially. I am looking for major investors in my judicial watch organization, Parenting Rights Institute, focused on divorce and family courts. With proper funding, we can come to your courts and expose the corruption which is being ignored by our judicial conduct commissions. You can even call me personally at (315) 796-4000.
By Dr. Leon Koziol
Parenting Rights Institute
Why are there so few judicial whistleblowers? It’s a good question if you’ve ever stopped to think about it, directed to a full one third of our government, the elusive third branch. A single judge can derail an entire act of Congress or a major agenda of the president. In the states, children can be permanently alienated from good parents without so much as an amber alert. No one seems to know who these guys are, media rarely reports on them (perhaps out of fear), and yet corruption flourishes in our courts with little accountability.
That’s because it is a self-regulated profession (lawyers) which controls the judicial branch and pretty much everything else which goes on in America in one way or another. So shouldn’t that translate to a need for greater accountability? According to lawyer Stephen Kohn who wrote the manual on whistleblowers, those who expose corruption on the inside of government produce the greatest savings and benefits for the people.
In the judiciary, the most effective whistleblowers are lawyers, and among those, civil rights attorneys are most reliable when it comes to exposing corruption. Yet to date, there remains no protection for such individuals. A lawyer who exposes corruption can incur orchestrated ethics charges, in my case by exploiting an ex-secretary finally convicted of felonies in 2016.
The public relies on judicial whistleblowers to apprehend judges such as Gerald Garson of Brooklyn or Thomas Spargo of Albany for soliciting bribes in custody and divorce cases. In Morin v Tormey, 626 F.3d 40 (2nd Cir. 2010), a chief family court clerk recovered $600,000 in a federal civil rights case due to judicial retributions for her refusal to engage in “political espionage” directed by a chief judge and family judge who were her supervisors.
However this clerk was an employee and not a lawyer or litigant foreclosed from bringing such lawsuits due to judicial immunity. When it comes to those served by our courts, the rules of accountability change to their detriment. And that family judge, Bryan Hedges, also my custody judge, was permanently removed from the bench after admitting to sexual abuse of his handicapped, five year old niece, In re Hedges, 20 NY3d 677 (2013).
How much of these different forms of corruption is never exposed? The answer is likely astounding for unsuspecting litigants who foolishly pay exorbitant fees for lawyers in cases which are already a “done deal.” And the reason why there are so few judicial whistleblowers to expose this is due to the severe retributions which can be expected. In my case, it was the loss of my children, law office and basic liberties within months of my whistleblower testimony before the Moreland Commission on Public Corruption at Pace University in 2013.
The agenda for suppressing whistleblowers or any reform message that harms lawyer profits is to destroy their credibility, make them appear “crazy,” take away their means of sustenance, and incarcerate them if necessary on some made-up or minor allegation. But in my case that agenda took a long time, twelve years and counting, but I’m still standing. A look at my true accomplishments will show why this website, Leon Koziol.com is so highly monitored by ethics lawyers, judges, law enforcement and politicians, i.e. why they are targeting me so viciously.
They cannot take away my accomplishments, but for purposes of my followers and victims of court corruption, such credentials should verify the value of my reform work. For example, I secured judgments in both federal and state court to invalidate a billion dollar casino, the largest in the state, on constitutional grounds. I defeated giant law firms as a sole practitioner including one of the most prominent firms in the nation, Cravath, Swaine & Moore of Manhattan. Look it up for yourself at Oneida Indian Nation v Oneida County, 132 F.Supp. 2d 71 (NDNY 2000) and Peterman v Pataki, 2004 NY Slip Op 51092(U).
With respect to the federal case, so concerned were they regarding a little guy from a small city beating up on the high paid giants that the court opinion has me as co-counsel for a much larger law firm in Syracuse, Bond, Schoeneck & King even though that firm had nothing to do with the victorious client Upstate Concerned Citizens. Its president, Scott Peterman, had no idea who John Dee was or why the firm was listed because it never represented the organization or had any contact with it. But there it is, black and white, true story, and you cannot retroactively amend all those federal reporter texts worldwide to correct it.
I won my first appeal out of law school DeNigro v DeNigro, 543 NYS2d 777 (4th Dept 1989), an interstate divorce case, and secured a restraining order within months of passing the New York bar exam on a $30 million dollar high school project. It caused the new Rome Free Academy to be built at a better location in the Griffiss Technology Park. Again I won alone against Syracuse giant Hancock & Estabrook in 1987. I won my first federal court trial in a sexual harassment case in Currie v Kowalewski, 842 F. Supp. 57 (NDNY 1994)(Currie II).
That case was front page news because we lost the first decision in Currie I (810 F. Supp. 31 (1993) but I won the appeal in Manhattan by unanimous decision of a federal appeals court to secure the final victory. The trial judge was forced to reverse himself on the same trial record, a highly unusual feat which angered him, the same judge who much later dismissed my parenting rights case in Parent v New York, 786 F. Supp. 2d 516 (NDNY 2011). That loss came after my public criticisms of the judiciary began.
Although I could get million dollar projects restrained and billion dollar casinos invalidated in federal and state courts, I could not get a family judge to order phone contact with my daughters after that. Prior to the targeting in cases involving many of the same judges, I secured a $333,000.00 jury verdict which was argued before a Supreme Court Justice (Sonia Sotomayor) when she was a member of the federal appeals court in Manhattan, Patterson v City of Utica, 370 F. 3d 322 (2nd Cir. 2004)(ultimately settled at $220,000.00).
As corporation counsel for that city prior to that time, I successfully sued its mayor to remove gag orders on city employees resulting in another favorable jury verdict in federal court, Koziol v Hanna, 107 F. Supp. 2d 170 (NDNY 2000)(also won by unanimous decision on appeal). I earned a perfect record of acquittals in criminal cases primarily on behalf of those falsely accused by government employers. While I could go on and on, I served the people and my profession without blemish and with distinction for nearly a quarter century. Suddenly when I began exposing corruption and promoting parental equality, nothing I could do was right.
So when you read our site and public positions wondering how the before picture and the later picture can make sense, just read these cases. Then you will know why there are so few judicial whistleblowers. You will also recognize the value in the services we offer at http://www.parentingrightsinstitute.com. Today, a major national news organization requested court documents relating to my recently docketed cases in the Supreme Court and New York Appellate Division. A breaking news story may finally be forthcoming on this highly censored subject.
Get the full story in my newly published book, Satan’s Docket, available on the Parenting Rights Institute website. Please share this post and support our cause financially.
Dr. Leon R. Koziol